Raspberry Crumble Bars!
Enjoy this sweet but healthy treat for everyone to snack on throughout the day! We love most about these bars because you can make them in advance but eat throughout the entire week!
- 6 cups (26 oz.) fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked old-fashioned regular rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds (optional; can use more oats instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
1) Stir together the first five filling ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high, stirring occasionally.
2) Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until thickened and reduced to 3 1⁄2 cups, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3) Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom and sides of pan with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
4) Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon, and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir in melted butter until combined.
5) Firmly press 4 cups of the Crumble mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake until lightly browned around edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
6) Spread cooled filling over warm crust; sprinkle with remaining to crumble.
7) Bake at 350°F until filling is bubbly, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan, about 2 hours.
TIP: Lift bars out of the pan using the parchment as handles.