Yoga Teacher Training
Teacher Training | 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
You love yoga. Now you can share your passion for yoga and be that catalyst for transformation in others.
Explore becoming a Yoga Teacher now!
Our 200-hour yoga teacher training, with a flexible schedule designed to fit anyone’s lifestyle, helps you bring more personal meaning into your yoga practice and your life as a yogi. Whether you plan to teach yoga or just want a deeper knowledge of the history, origins and timeless practices of Yoga, our yoga teacher training is for you. We provide an experience that is nurturing, challenging and, ultimately, empowering so that you will have the fundamental tools and knowledge to begin teaching yoga safely and mindfully.
Choose a FREE INFORMATION SOCIAL NOW!
September 22 Sunday 4:45-5:45 pm
September 27 Friday 6:30-7:30 pm
October 4 Friday 6:30-7:30 pm
October 12 Saturday 12:30-1:30 pm
….. and More
Techniques, Training, and Practice: 100 hours
▪ Asana (various styles and approaches including detailed alignment based forms of Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa, Yin Yoga, and Para Yoga)
▪ Pranayama (breath work)
▪ Chanting, Mantra, and Kirtan
Teaching Methodology: 25 hours
▪ Instructing form, function and alignment of asana within standing poses, forward bends, backbends, twists and inversions
▪ Sequencing and class planning
▪ Exploring principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and modifying
▪ Addressing how to approach and assist the specific needs of individuals and special populations
▪ Using language and voice: conscious communication through cuing
The Anatomy of Yoga: 20 hours
▪ Human physical anatomy: bone orientation, proportion, and general and individual differences, muscle, fascia/connective tissue and organ location/function
▪ Application of anatomy and physiology in asana practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns and prevention of injury)
▪ Energy anatomy and the subtle body
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics: 30 hours
▪ History of yoga
▪ Study and application of yoga philosophies from traditional texts such as The Bhagavad Gita
▪ Study of the 8 limbs of yoga and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
▪ Ethics for yoga teachers (teacher-student relationships and community service)
Practicum: 15 hours
▪ Practice teaching with peers in small groups, the full group, and with lead
▪ Seva project: participants will offer at least six (6) one hour classes to a special community group of their choice to experience the value of teaching yoga as a service
Special Topics: 10 hours
▪ Introduction to Sanskrit
▪ Introduction to special topics such as Ayurveda, restorative yoga, prenatal yoga, and therapeutic yoga
2020 PROGRAM DATES AND TIMES
DATES & TIMES Our program has “life-friendly” scheduling with half-day weekend sessions plus an offsite weekend retreat. Weekend Sessions meet: Friday 6:15 – 9:15pm, Saturday 12:30 – 7:30 pm, and Sunday 12:30pm – 7:30 pm. January 17,18,19 January 31, Feb 1,2 February 21,22,23 March 13,14,15 March 27,28,29 April 3,4,5 April 17,18,19 (retreat – Friday at Blue Heron, Sat & Sun at Shepherds Spring in Sharpsburg, MD) May 1,2,3 May 29,30,31 June 5,6,7
Link to Shepherds Spring Retreat
Our program has “life-friendly” scheduling with half-day weekend sessions plus an offsite weekend retreat.
Weekend Sessions meet:
Friday 6:15 – 9:15pm, Saturday 12:30 – 7:30 pm, and Sunday 12:30pm – 7:30 pm.
January 31, Feb 1,2
April 17,18,19 (retreat – Friday at Blue Heron, Sat & Sun at Shepherds Spring in Sharpsburg, MD)
READ MORE “Blue Heron Wellness is a wonderful RYS. The YTT program run by them is comprehensive, the curriculum is a well-rounded and extremely enriching experience.”
“Blue Heron Wellness is a wonderful RYS. The YTT program run by them is comprehensive, the curriculum is a well-rounded and extremely enriching experience.”
MEET OUR FACULTY
YTT DIRECTOR CLAUDIA NEUMAN
Guest Faculty… more coming soon
Blue Heron Wellness Guest Faculty reflects the tradition of the studio, an eclectic blend of talented teachers from a variety of styles of hatha yoga, offering diverse specialties of knowledge.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT MORE?
Attend a FREE Info Social
Join YTT Director Claudia Neuman and faculty and guest teachers for an Information Social. Attendees will receive one free yoga class taught by Claudia or one of our other faculty. There are several Free Info Socials scheduled. One is bound to fit your schedule!
9/22 Sunday 4:45-5:45 pm
9/27 Friday 6:30-7:30 pm
10/4 Friday 6:30-7:30 pm
10/12 Saturday 12:30-1:30 pm
11/1 Friday 6:30-7:30 pm
How Much is My Tuition?
Regular tuition $3500* ($500 deposit due at time of application)
Sign up before December 1 for Early bird price $3300
Monthly Payment Plan: 8 monthly payments of $375; $500 Deposit; $150 admin fee
Blue Heron Wellness pass holder price $3185 (with an active pass for last 6 months)
Class materials binder and 10 yoga classes are included in the tuition.
As a student, your tuition brings you added value. With your tuition, you will receive a 10% discount on:
- all retail products, including Jade yoga mats
- yoga class passes
- and on one 60-minute massage or facial per month during the program!
Books and supplies must be purchased separately. *
Blue Heron Wellness Yoga Teacher Training is:
* A Yoga Alliance Registered 200 Hour program. * Reputable and comprehensive. * Established in the DC Metro area as a Registered Yoga School since 2009. *
I would Like More Information about Yoga Teacher Training
|Monday||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Tuesday||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Wednesday||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Friday||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|